Friday, August 28, 2009

Work is a blessing

Have to pay the piper.  I’m still waking up at 6:45 a.m. even when I’m not going to sleep until 12:45.  Thankfully, I’m feeling rested and still getting up at a decent time.

I’m waking the kids up now and timing them to see if I make it a game whether they’ll do their morning routine more quickly.

Today, I’m going to establish homeschool opening exercises.  Here is the plan:

Prayer
Scripture Story
Songs
Pledge of Allegiance
Hugs

We’re also going to start Rick Fisher’s math program today.  I purchased the workbook "Mastering Essential Math Skills: 20 minutes a day to success".  I am hopeful that this method will help my daughters to make great strides in their progress in math. 

Breakfast:  Cereal
Late Lunch:  Kielbasa on hamburger buns
Dinner: Turkey and Cheddar SW and red grapes
Snack: tangerines

Today I do bookkeeping at a client’s office.  I need to leave by 10:30 to get home by 2:30 for a 3 hour shift and 3:30 for a 4 hour shift.  I’ll try to work as efficiently as I can so that I can be back between 2:30 and 3:00.  Otherwise, I’ll cut time too short and DH will likely stress about getting to college.  (He drives 100 miles round trip Monday through Thursday in commuter traffic)

I left for work at 10:45 and started work at 11:45 after making a stop to mail an ebay package and picking up lunch at Stater Bros grocery store.  I left work at 2:15 and returned home around 3 p.m. after returning a bunch of books to the library.  The kids had eaten tangerines for a snack while I was away, but were quite hungry when I got home.  DH had to study for a quiz and didn’t get around to preparing lunch.  So as soon as I got home, I tried to get the kielbasa on the table and DH college snack brown bagged before he had to leave at 4 p.m.  Note to self:  ALWAYS HAVE LUNCH PREPARED FOR THE KIDS BEFORE LEAVING FOR WORK.

Baby Zilla  is sick, but he is still a bundle of energy.  I came home to find that he had drawn in red ink all over the refrigerator door!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers