Friday, January 20, 2012

Update on water storage



55 Gallon Water Storage Drum (4-7 Units)
Store as much water as you can.  55 gallon drums are a great idea, but in my opinion costly.  I purchased 2 drums about 2 years ago for a steal.  I think they were $20 a piece as a group discount from a local vendor.  It took me 2 years to actually fill the drums!  Talk about procrastination.  But, I'm happy to report that they are now filled.  Another baby step toward preparedness.

Here is a link for more information on alternative storage containers from ready.gov.
It explains how to use soda bottles and how to prepare the containers, but does recommend that you purchase food grade water storage containers (see left) from a surplus or camping supply store.  If budget is an issue, don't let it stop you from using what you have.  Remember...baby steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers